Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Review: Food Network Kitchens Favorite Recipes

Food Network Kitchens Favorite Recipes is a cookbook that comes from behind the scenes.
   It’s a compilation of best recipes chosen by the people that work in the TV network’s test kitchens: Chefs, testers, food stylists, bakers and recipe developers.
   The cooking professionals in the kitchens have tested recipes for thousands of episodes of Food Network shows.
   I trust that they know what they’re talking about when they say these are the best recipes that have passed through the kitchens.
   Actually, I know for sure myself the recipes are the best because I’ve tried a few of them and they have been absolutely terrific (and easy).
   Nothing in the book looks too crazy to make. There are many recipes for relatively common dishes such as gazpacho, crab cakes, pork satay, bruschetta, lobster rolls and quesadillas.
   One of the recipes my husband and I absolutely love is Miso Soup. It’s killer delicious, amazingly simple to make, and better than any miso soup I’ve ever had in a restaurant.
   Other favorites of ours from this cookbook are Thai Shrimp & Rice Soup, Thai Rice Noodles, Little Tomato Salad with Fresh Herbs and Heirloom Tomato & Mint Salad.
   Recipes I’ve got my eye on to try are Blue Cheese Steak Sandwiches; Grilled Halloumi, Scallion & Mint Flatbread; Celery & Soppressata Salad with Lemon; Blueberry Buttermilk Bundt Cake; Little Cheesecakes with Strawberry Sauce, and Tiramisu Rapido.

Food Network Kitchens Favorite Recipes at amazon.ca

Join Recipes That Worked on Facebook

No comments: