Thursday, June 14, 2012

The menu for my husband's
birthday and Father's Day

It seems to have become a bit of a tradition for us: My husband and I get together with my Mom and Dad on the weekend of Father's Day to celebrate both my husband's birthday and Father's Day with a nice summertime meal.
   This year, my husband's birthday is on June 16, and Father's Day is June 17, so we're going to have our little celebration on June 16, Saturday night.
   Here's what I'm going to make for the meal that night. Everything can be prepared in advance, and the only thing we'll need to do when my husband and Dad get home from fishing is throw the chicken on the grill.

Mango-Cucumber Wine Cooler: Nothing icky and sugary here - just pure summer sophistication in a glass.

Tuscan Potato Salad: Haters of gloopy, overly-mayoed potato salad rejoice - this potato salad is made with rosemary, roasted red peppers, Parmesan cheese and olive oil.

Orzo with Feta, Tomatoes and Dill: This is one of my husband's fave summer salads. The feta, tomatoes and dill complement each other magnificently.

Grilled Lemon-Oregano Drumsticks: Another favorite of my husband's, the chicken in this super-easy recipe can be marinated anywhere from 30 minutes to 48 hours.

Coca-Cola Chocolate Cake: A scrumptious and moist cake that the whole family will love.




No comments: