Sunday, September 25, 2011

Family-style Chewy Chocolate
Cookies are seriously good

Just yesterday I tried a new cookie recipe, and after tasting them, I had to report to my personal Facebook pals that the cookies kicked butt in a major way.
   They really did. Chewy Chocolate Cookies (click for the recipe) from America's Test Kitchen are soft and slightly chewy, with just the perfect amount of chocolate taste -- no overload here.
   They're terrific for families and suit all types of occasions that involving all ages of people, from weeknight dinners and weekday lunches to casual family get-togethers. They'll go quickly, and people will ask when you're going to bake the next batch.
   Luckily, they're very easy to make.
   The recipe I linked to above is on a blog, but it's exactly the same as the one I used.
   Butter, sugar, and granulated sugar are beaten together with an electric mixer (I used a hand mixer), then mixtures of corn syrup, egg white and vanilla and flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt are added, along with bittersweet chocolate that has been chopped into 1/2 inches pieces.
   The resulting dough is chilled for not more than 30 minutes.
   The dough is rolled into balls, then tossed in sugar to coat (the recipe said to divide the dough into 16 equal portions, but I just rolled the dough into balls one at a time as I went.)
   The cookies are baked in a 375 F oven for 10-11 minutes (in this case, the recipe said to use two baking sheets and switch them halfway through baking time; I just baked one batch at a time because the cooking time is so short.)
   The cookies are cooled on the pan for five minutes, then transferred to a wire rack to cool completely.




Pin It

No comments: