Friday, March 25, 2011

Whip up an impressive main in just half an hour with Roasted Shrimp with Rosemary and Thyme

It happens very rarely these days that my husband and I aren’t able to prepare dinner together.
   But it happened one night this week when my husband needed to work late, so I settled in to make Roasted Shrimp with Rosemary and Thyme (click for the recipe) from Fine Cooking magazine by myself.
   I make a habit of choosing weeknight recipes that I think will be quick and easy to make but yield great results.
   But even I was surprised with the absolute ease of the recipe and the elegant, impressive dish that it produced, which was nice enough to serve at a casual dinner party.
   Working by myself, I made a very nice supper in just half an hour, without rushing one bit. (Jasmine rice and a pre-packaged salad were the sides.)
   I suggest this recipe to any of you out there who want to be cooking better but feel you don’t have the time or culinary skills to do so.
   To make the recipe, six tablespoons of olive oil are poured into a 9x13 inch baking dish (I used a glass one). Fresh thyme springs, fresh rosemary springs and pepper are added to the oil, and it is baked until fragrant, about 12 minutes.
   Peeled, deveined extra-large shrimp are added to the dish, and tossed until covered with oil. The shrimp is baked until pink, about eight to 10 minutes.
   When the shrimp comes out of the oven, white wine vinegar and kosher salt are stirred in and the dish is left to cool slightly before serving, about five minutes.



Pin It

No comments: