Friday, July 9, 2010

Purée your way to a party
with Frozen Peach Margaritas

Recently here on Recipes That Worked I wrote about Fresh Cherry Margaritas, which are incredibly delicious cocktails, but takes quite a bit of work to make each one.
   Here’s a margarita that can be made a lot more quickly, and is delicious, too.
   It’s Frozen Peach Margaritas (click here for the Everyday Food recipe), and it’s a throw-all-the-stuff-in-the-blender-then-serve-and-enjoy-drink.
   At a party, you could put someone on blender duty and have them crank out servings of this drink.
   The recipe calls for frozen sliced peaches. My husband and I found this in the supermarket after searching for a bit.
   Before we found it, my husband suggested I could slice peaches and freeze them if needed.
   It’s a good idea. Although I haven’t tested this myself, it’s likely that cutting up peaches, putting them on a baking sheet and putting them into the freezer until they are firm would work.
   But if you can buy them, it’s convenient, too.
   The recipe calls for putting an entire 16 ounce (454 g) pkg of peaches in the blender. I don’t know about you, but my blender simply can’t hold that many peaches. I halved the amount and thus the rest of the ingredients, and that made about four decent-sized margarita servings.
   My blender also doesn’t do very good work of grinding up ice cubes, so the next time I make this I’m going to crush the ice first, then put it in the blender.
   Look how easy they are to make: Frozen peaches, tequila, triple sec, lime juice and ice cubes are put in a blender and puréed.
   Really, that’s it! The peach margarita party has started.

No comments: