Sunday, February 13, 2011

Nutella Fudge Brownies:
Four ingredients, pure pleasure!

Once in a while, a recipe will come along that uses so few ingredients you wonder if it’s even possible for it to produce something worthwhile.
   Nutella Fudge Brownies (click for the recipe) from Fine Cooking magazine has just four ingredients: Nutella chocolate-hazelnut spread, egg, flour and hazelnuts (also called filberts).
   Yet it produces a thing of absolutely scrumptious beauty – cute little chocolate bites that are absolutely addictive.
   Since they’re a snap to make, they’re a perfect little treat to whip up last minute for Valentine’s Day.
   I breezed through reading this recipe when I was making sure I had all the ingredients before a grocery shopping trip, so it wasn’t until I was actually preparing it that I realized it requires a mini muffin pan.
   Thank goodness I have one that size on hand, but I didn’t have mini muffin pan liners, so I sprayed cooking spray in the cups and it worked just fine.
   These babies are so easy to make: Nutella, an egg and flour are whisked together and spooned into the mini-muffin tins, and the batter sprinkled with chopped hazelnuts. The brownies are baked for 11 to 12 minutes, then set on a rack to cool completely.

This recipe can also be found in Abby Dodge's cookbook, Desserts 4 Today: Flavorful Desserts with Just Four Ingredients.
Desserts 4 Today at amazon.ca



Pin It

No comments: